Our governance and board performance expertise is wide-ranging and draws on an extensive range of projects and knowledge.
It includes an indepth knowledge of commercial, company and charity law, and public sector governance; together with related codes such as the UK corporate code and "Managing Public Money" , plus topics such as behavioural governance, risk, and international and subsidiary governance expertise. .
Projects have included: establishing a new government company, governance changes to achieve regulatory upgrades key to the repetitional and financial sustainability of social housing associations, governance framework for a new regulator, support for the implementation of a new international group structure including the incorporation of subsidiaries, acquisition of companies, the introduction of a board effectiveness and development programme, new board selection and appointments processes, risk management governance systems review, and changes to the audit committee,
Senior management experience includes local authority and consultation meetings held in public, high profile AGMs and council meetings in a quasi-public setting.
Experience includes companies incorporated by shares, government companies, industrial and provident societies, guarantee, royal charter bodies, charities, church of england bodies and organisations operating in other international jurisdictions.
Kristina Ingate's MSc dissertation on risk governance and subsidiaries can be found in the Added Value and Articles section of the website. An article by Kristina Ingate on the role of non-exec directors in not-for-profits can be found in the same area of the site.
Specific projects include:
- interim company secretary supporting the transition of the Highways Agency to Highways England a government company, responsible for England's motorways and main A roads
- interim group secretary and governance consultancy for a FTSE250 size housing association to achieve an improved governance rating as part of a two year organisational turnaround
- interim group director governance for a FTSE350 housing association acquiring three companies and issuing bonds, the project included support for the turnaround of a new subsidiary
- interim company secretarial and corporate governance consultancy for the British Council's international group structure - subsidiaries and registered branches in jurisdictions in India, Singapore, South America, Asia, EU and Wider Europe
- governance consultancy and interim company secretary for proposed statutory corporation and regulator for Nuclear Safety and Security (Health and Safety Executive) regulating the energy industry and material transported for medial use
- implementation of Charities Act across the Church of England (national working party and negotiations with Charity Commission 14,000 charities)
- "making an impact" report for umbrella body for UK professions and advice on government policy proposals on access to the professions
- advice on ICSA's commentary on boardroom behaviours provided to the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) for the Combined Code review and the Walker review of banking governance
- online resource for NEDs http://www.cipd.co.uk/hr-resources/factsheets/non-executive-director-role.aspx