Our governance and board performance expertise is wide-ranging and draws on an extensive range of projects and knowledge.
It includes an indepth knowledge of commercial, company and charity law, and related codes such as the combined code and code of good practice, plus topics such as behavioural governance, risk, and international and subsidiary governance expertise. .
Projects have included: governance framework for a new regulator, support for the implementation of a new international group structure including the incorporation of subsidiaries, the introduction of a board effectiveness and development programme, new board selection and appointments processes, risk management governance systems review, and changes to the audit committee,
Senior management experience includes local authority and consultation meetings held in public, high profile AGMs and council meetings in a quasi-public setting.
Experience includes companies incorporated by shares, guarantee, royal charter bodies, charities, church of england bodies and organisations operating in other international jurisdictions.
Kristina Ingate's dissertation on risk governance and subsidiaries can be found in the Added Value and Articles section of the website. An article by Kristina Ingate on the role of non-exec directors in not-for-profits can be found in the same area of the site.
Specific projects include:
- interim company secretarial and corporate governance consultancy for the British Council's international group structure - subsidiaries and registered branches in jurisdictions in India, Singapore, South America, Asia, EU and Wider Europe
- governance consultancy and interim company secretary for proposed statutory corporation and regulator for Nuclear Safety and Security (Health and Safety Executive) regulating the energy industry and material transported for medial use
- implementation of Charities Act across the Church of England (national working party and negotiations with Charity Commission 14,000 charities)
- "making an impact" report for umbrella body for UK professions and advice on government policy proposals on access to the professions
- advice on ICSA's commentary on boardroom behaviours provided to the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) for the Combined Code review and the Walker review of banking governance
- online resource for NEDs and charity trustees http://www.cipd.co.uk/nedresource